ONLINE OPEN HOUSE: August 15 - 28, 2017
Why is 48th Ave S preferred?
We completed an exhaustive analysis of five alternative routes and listened to community input. We used the screening criteria you helped create to analyze each alternative’s anticipated impact on:
- Residents, including noise
- Traffic during construction
- Utilities (relocation for construction)
- Truck access to and from I-5
- BNSF’s operations
- The environment, including air quality and the Duwamish River
We determined that the 48th Ave S route is the most feasible route that will have a lower impact on Allentown’s residential community.
When using this route, trucks would travel on the existing 48th Ave S road and on a new bridge over the Green River Trail and Duwamish River. Trucks would enter the BNSF facility on the south end.
- Directs truck traffic to only commercial roads, avoiding Allentown and other residential areas
- Does not require additional right-of-way for BNSF
- Nearby access to I-5
- Most cost-effective alternative
- Best score on the screen matrix
- Requires new bridge over the Green River Trail and Duwamish river
- Requires new roadway
48th Ave S is the preferred alternative, or route option. Wondering how we got here? Click Next to see the selection criteria we used.